Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
By our very nature, we are wired as emotional beings, and with those emotions, things matter to us! Our capacity to feel can show us what we value and find meaningful. When we are not under stress, it is easier to have positive relationships with others. However, when we experience stress and conflict, we often react in order to protect ourselves from a perceived threat. We can find ourselves repeating patterns of thought, emotions and behaviors which seem to have a lot of control over us.
Emotional intelligence is our capacity to reason about emotions, and use emotions to enhance thinking – the ability to accurately perceive, access, understand and regulate our emotions. By choosing to develop our EQ, we have the opportunity to make changes in how we respond to the patterns of habit in those challenging situations or relationships and as a result, make a big impact in challenging situations or relationships.
The Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQi2.0) as it is the first scientifically developed and validated measure of emotional intelligence. Research indicates that there is a strong correlation between emotional intelligence and job performance. Emotional Intelligence can be developed and improved through training. EQ-i uses a framework to organize components in a logical approach, and gives a common vocabulary to use.
- Learn the building blocks and language of EQ and understand how it works
- Understand the physiology of emotion and relationship of EQ to the brain
- Increase self-awareness and knowledge of your EQ
- Identify triggers and patterns of thought, emotion and behavior
- Look at influence and control as opportunities in our choices
- Discover specific interpersonal strategies to use
- Create a practical Action Plan based on your results and goals
What is the impact of EQ? The impact of EQ can have a number of results associated with focused attention and practice.
- Build trust and improve quality of relationships
- Better conflict resolution and taking responsibility for choices and actions
- Build resiliency and manage change
- Lower stress and greater sense of control on your environment
- Higher productivity with better, more accurate communication
What is the structure? Programs range from 1-hour to a full-day, and the EQ-i assessment is an optional, but a strongly encouraged, component of the workshop. The process typically includes a pre-workshop coaching session so each person has an opportunity to have their results interpreted by a certified practitioner. The workshops are highly interactive and use case studies to facilitate the learning, and focus on practical applications to EQ.
Who is a fit? This workshop is a fit for anyone who wants to develop EQ, and strategies are helpful in both the workplace and in your life, generally. It may also be a good fit for leaders, coaches, and managers who want to develop their skills to develop and influence others.